When Kimberly Snyder speaks on transforming yourself from the inside out, you take notes. LOTS of them. Last week, HUM staffers had the pleasure of attending a one-day women’s wellness conference with The Whole Purpose, a company that connects individuals with tools and education for living holistically. There was a lot of fun to be had and fantastic natural beauty products to sample, but the real highlight was hearing keynote speaker, Kimberly Snyder. A beauty guru and celebrity nutritionist, Kimberly Snyder has endorsements from Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore, and even Channing Tatum. Her talk outlined six pillars to find beauty from the inside out. She discusses the same pillars in greater detail in her latest book, Radical Beauty, co-authored with Deepak Chopra, MD.
Kimberly Snyder’s 6 Pillars of Radical Beauty
1. Internal NourishmentBecause, yup, you guessed it… beauty starts within. Kimberly believes first and foremost that your digestion creates the foundation for everything else in your life. Optimizing your diet does a world of good for your complexion, hair, energy, and muscle tone.
2. External NourishmentDid you know that the skin is the largest organ of the body? And yet, we often only consider it cosmetically as opposed to as a factor in our health. Kimberly advocates nourishing your skin with oil massages to sooth the nervous system and support the lymphatic system from the outside in.
3. Sleep HygieneBeauty sleep is a real thing, people! Improving your sleep patterns reduces stress (and the dark circles that come with it), but even more noteworthy enhances your body’s collagen production for firmer skin. Consider that the next time you’re tempted to binge Netflix.
4. Primal BeautyNo, you don’t have to go paleo. Rather, Kimberly advocates fostering our relationship with nature by eating seasonal foods, reducing toxic chemicals in our personal space, and going barefoot often to balance ions and neutralize free-radicals that can cause premature aging.
5. Beautiful MovementKimberly’s exercise philosophy comes down to finding something that feels good to you. Our bodies are designed to move dynamically, but it’s up to you to decide what that entails. If you hate running on a treadmill, don’t do it! Find movement that ignites and inspires you. Exercise improves circulation and detoxification, and creates momentum in our lives.
6. Spiritual BeautyThe word “spiritual” might intimidate some of us, but it doesn’t have to. This pillar is all about reducing anger, worries, and insecurities in our lives. It focuses on getting centered, rooting in self-love, and strengthening a peaceful mind. Take time to meditate, journal, and unplug. Finally, we’ll leave you with this feel good quote from her talk that we’ll be using as a morning mantra: “You are most beautiful when you are owning your own power and not trying to be anyone else.” Check out Kimberly’s book, Radical Beauty, for in-depth discovery into these six pillars and more natural beauty inspiration. Next, a big shoutout to our friends at Roots Beauty who first told us about this awesome event and included us in their goodie bag!
More like this