HUM Healthy Detox ChallengeCleanse your body and mind with these cleansing drink and food pairings!
Healthy Detox PrepUse today to commit to the upcoming three weeks. Here are a few tips to help prepare for your commitment to health & wellness:
- Look ahead at the upcoming daily recipes to see what you might need to pick up from the store. To minimize costs, feel free to repeat your favorite days, but vary them and the recipes you use enough to keep things interesting!
- Eliminate processed foods as much as you can. It’ll be key in allowing your system the benefits of these snack and drink combos without retoxing your body.
- Also see where you can cut out glutens, sugars, and dairy. Feel inspired to commit these 21 days to treating your body to the most nourishing nutrients.
- Bring out your inner chef by finding inspiration in our food and drink recommendations. Each day, see what new recipes you can create with the food of the day (or be inspired by tons of nutritionist-approved recipes here). One study we did on waist size and healthy habits showed that those who regularly cook for themselves fit into skinny jeans more than those who don’t. So whip out your chef’s apron and bon appetit!
- While you want to prep physically, you also want to prep mentally! Create inspiration so you won’t lose sight of your health and wellness goals. Journal, paint, or Pinterest your way to a visual representation of your new-year goals. Print out our calendar or design one of your own and follow along!
- Most importantly, don’t think of anything as deprivation. You’re liberating your liver, kidneys, bowels, and lymphatic system all from the toxins that weigh it down and weigh you down.
- Pro Tip: Combine with HUM’s Daily Cleanse supplement for detoxing minerals, herbs, botanicals, and digestive enzymes. As a result, you’ll get extra slimming, digestion, and cleansing support for your first three weeks of the new year!
HUM Healthy Detox Challenge: 21 DaysFor the next 21 days, add the food and drink of the day to your diet. Replace unhealthy snacking: sugars, processed fats, excessive alcohol, or caffeine. Note that this isn’t meant to be ALL that you eat in a day. Rather it’s a healthy detox support system to provide your body with the tools it needs to flush out harmful toxins. Ready? And we’re off!
Day 1: Eat a Kale Salad + Drink eight glasses of WaterWater should be your primary beverage during any cleanse, as toxins cannot leave the body without plenty of water to flush them out. Aim for at least eight glasses a day. Combine your water with kale, a superfood high in fiber. Fiber helps detoxify the digestive tract and can strengthen the liver’s ability to remove toxins.
Day 2: Eat Edamame + Drink Green TeaGreen tea is packed with antioxidants. Also, this cleansing tea is a gentle diuretic that can help relieve the body of toxins and reduce bloating. Additionally, green tea contains a special compound that helps speed up metabolism. Furthermore, snack on edamame soy beans today to boost your kidneys’ ability to remove toxins from the body.
Day 3: Eat Brazil Nuts + Drink Pineapple JuicePineapple juice helps boost energy, improves digestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, snack on Brazil nuts that are rich in selenium to help clear toxic mercury out of the body.
Day 4: Eat Avocado + Drink Strawberry-Mint WaterStrawberry- and mint-infused water is a delicious blend and one of our most refreshing favorites. Simply slice a few strawberries and add a few sprigs of mint to some water and chill for one hour for a refreshing cleanse. Meanwhile, avocados provide heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Fortunately, these are anti-inflammatory and can reduce damage caused by inflammatory saturated fats.
Day 5: Eat Yogurt + Drink Cranberry JuiceUnsweetened cranberry juice supports a healthy urinary tract. However, make sure to avoid the highly sweetened varieties with added sugar. Yogurt—both unsweetened and plain—contains probiotics that benefit your digestion, skin, and immunity.
Day 6: Eat Broccoli + Drink Black TeaBlack tea is rich with antioxidants and can cleanse the kidneys due to its diuretic properties. Additionally, broccoli contains a powerful antioxidant, researched for its ability to reduce the risk of cancer.
Day 7: Eat Hot Peppers + Drink Hydration JuiceUltra-hydration juice blends two cucumbers, two apples, a half cup of strawberries, and a few leaves of mint. Combine for a delicious beverage that helps reduce bloating and remove toxins. Then spice up your day with some hot peppers. They contain capsaicin, which helps boost the liver’s ability to detox. Mix them to salads, cook them with your favorite protein, or even add them to your juice if you’re feeling daring.
Day 8: Eat Turmeric + Drink a Green SmoothieA green smoothie provides you with fiber, plenty of detoxifying antioxidants, and healthy fats. It helps keep you fuller longer to prevent overeating or snacking on unhealthy foods. Blend one cucumber, two cups of spinach, two green apples, and half an avocado with a little almond milk or non-citrus juice. Then combine with turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory spice to treat indigestion, liver problems, and ulcers. Even more, turmeric can be added to rice, eggs, and meats, and is often found in your favorite curries.
Day 9: Eat Artichokes + Drink Cucumber WaterBy adding just a few slices of cucumber to your drinking water, you get an ultra-refreshing taste while working toward your daily water goal. Artichokes stimulate bile production, helping the body digest more efficiently and eliminating fat.
Day 10: Eat Collard Greens + Drink White TeaWhite tea is unprocessed, unfermented tea that boasts antioxidants with anti-cancer properties. Combine with a salad rich in collard greens that help to reduce LDL cholesterol by reducing fat absorption in the GI tract.
Day 11: Eat Goji Berries + Drink Pomegranate JuicePomegranate juice is high in potent antioxidants that improve the look of your skin and benefit your heart health. Also, goji berries are rich in vitamin C and other powerful antioxidants. Most noteworthy, these berries are so nutritionally potent they can actually repair damaged DNA.
Day 12: Eat Red Onions + Drink Lemon WaterLemon water contains vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, and helps reduce the acidity in your body. Have one teaspoon of lemon in a room-temperature glass of water first thing in the morning. Next, onions have immune-boosting and antioxidant properties to help with detoxification, especially of the liver.
Day 13: Eat Blueberries + Drink KefirKefir is full of probiotics. This yogurt-like beverage can help cleanse and regulate the digestive system. Next, blueberries contain a natural pain reliever which reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system.
Day 14: Eat Prunes + Drink Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea helps reduce elevated blood glucose, which can lead to nerve damage, diabetes, and poor vision. Additionally, prunes are full of sorbitol and fiber, which act like a gentle laxative helping to cleanse toxins from the body.