Treat yourself to this DIY winner. This month we’re celebrating Not-So-Guilty Pleasures: all the little ways of treating yourself that you don’t have to feel bad about. At the top of our list of not-so-guilty pleasures is taking a nice, hot bath after a long day. One study even found that taking a hot bath can burn the same amount of calories as a 30-minute walk. So seriously, make some time to soak. For a truly satisfying experience, we thought it’d be fun to design our own beauty bath bomb at home. This fun DIY recipe uses epsom salts to soften skin and soothe muscles as well as lavender essential oil, which studies show can help you sleep more deeply.
Bath Bomb Recipe
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 3 tsp castor oil
- 1 tsp lavender essential oil
- A few drops of natural food coloring
- 1 tbsp water
- Soap molds or Easter eggs
- Mix the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and epsom salt into one bowl.
- Mix the castor oil, lavender essential oils, food coloring, and water in another small bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry ones, stirring as you go.
- Press mixture into soap molds or easter eggs and allow to dry overnight or in the freezer for an hour.
- Drop into a hot bath and pair with Beauty zzZz to wind down for a super restorative beauty sleep.
More like this