This sweet potato buddha bowl from Alex Caspero, MA, RD, packs ingredients for radiant skin to help you look and feel your best. And later: a DIY pumpkin mask recipe for glowing skin. At HUM, we know that the secret to beautiful skin and hair starts with solid nutrition. Therefore, I’ve created this sweet potato buddha bowl to maximize both flavor and nutrients.
Radiant Skin Recipe: Sweet (potato) & SpicyBeauty from within has never tasted better. While white potatoes can get a bad rep, sweet potatoes are your skin’s BFF! Packed with beta-carotene, the precursor to retinol, they help reduce oxidative damage done by harsh products, the environment, and sun rays. To give your skin a boost of radiance, I’ve roasted them with antioxidant-packed spices, including:
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss sweet potatoes and chickpeas with oil, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Make sure the flesh of the sweet potatoes are well-coated.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until potatoes are tender and beans are crispy (about 25-30 minutes). Toss once or twice during cooking to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Divide kale among four bowls and top with sweet potato and chickpeas.
- Whisk together all ingredients for peanut sauce and drizzle over bowls.
- Finally, eat your way to radiant skin.
Radiant Skin DIY: Plumpin’ PumpkinMaking a pumpkin pie this season? Don’t forget to save a little pumpkin for your face! Our favorite fall ingredient does double duty in this DIY face mask. Pumpkins are great for your skin, as they’re rich in vitamin A and contain enzymes to slough off dead skin cells to reveal brighter, glowing skin. For a simple at-home spa treatment, combine the ingredients below and place on clean, slightly damp skin. This mask will penetrate more deeply if your pores are open. I like to put this mask on right after getting out of the shower when my pores are primed and the bathroom is slightly humid.
- Mix well and apply to clean, moist skin. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Afterwards, apply your favorite moisturizer to finish your skincare routine.
More like this