Treat Yourself to Decadent Collagen Beauty Truffles
By Zena Wozniak, NC, RYT • Updated June 26, 2020
If you’re going to indulge in something sweet, better to supercharge it with beauty benefits. Traditional chocolate truffles are made with chocolate and heavy cream (yum!) but research shows that dairy may contribute to acne (not so yummy). This recipe replaces traditional heavy cream with healthy fats from coconut milk and coconut oil. We’ve also added our Collagen Love supplement for an added boost of anti-aging support. Collagen Love is rich in collagen peptides to help support skin structure and elasticity. It also contains hyaluronic acid to help with skin hydration and red wine and grape seed extracts for antioxidant protection against aging free radicals. Don’t forget! Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, too, so go on and treat yourself with these delish chocolate treats.
Collagen Beauty Truffles
- 1/4 cup organic canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 6 Collagen Love capsules, opened
- 75 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Small saucepan
- On low heat, combine the canned coconut milk with coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Twist open and empty the contents of six Collagen Love capsules into the coconut mixture. Stir until evenly incorporated.
- Break the dark chocolate up into small pieces in a bowl. Pour the warm coconut mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mixture for three hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the cacao powder and cinnamon.
- Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator. Use a small spoon to scoop bite-sized portions and roll between hands to form the truffle shape.
- Roll each truffle in the cacao and cinnamon combination until coated.
June 6, 2018
More like this