Insanely Tasty Keto Lemon Bars
By Zena Wozniak, NC, RYT • Updated June 26, 2020
A few of us recently underwent a 30-day keto challenge, and these keto lemon bars were by far the highlight of the whole experience. Not only is this recipe low-carb (only three net carbs per serving!) but you only need six ingredients to make them. Could it get any easier? Be warned! Even your non-keto friends will want the recipe…
About This RecipeFor any keto macro counters out there, here’s what you’ll want to know: Each serving has 276 calories, three net carbs, seven grams of protein and 23 grams of fat. How do we get these miracle numbers? Erythritol, the sweetener used in this recipe, is a sugar alcohol. (Halo Top includes uses the same sugar alcohol in their ingredient.) Here’s why it’s so low in calories. Technically, our bodies don’t have the enzymes needed to digest it. Consequently, it basically passes through the body without so much as spiking blood sugar. One caveat? In our review of Halo Top, registered dietitian Alex Caspero warns that for some, erythritol can cause bloating or other symptoms of GI distress. However, it’s otherwise fine to include in your diet.
Keto Lemon Bar Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large lemons
- 8″ x 8″ baking dish
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and mix with 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup erythritol and a pinch of salt. Spread the mixture into the parchment-lined baking dish. Bake for twenty minutes and allow to cool for ten minutes while you make the filling.
- Combine the remaining almond flour and erythritol with the zest of one lemon, the juice of all three lemons and a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the lemon batter over the cooled crust layer and bake for twenty five minutes.
- Allow the dish to cool for at least thirty minutes. Sprinkle the top with extra erythritol and slice into nine even squares.
October 22, 2018
More like this