Bonus: All your friends will want to Instagram them. Watch out! Try them once and you’ll want to make these addictive little donuts every weekend. Then again, they’re so clean that there’s no reason not to. These donuts are gluten-free, paleo, low-sugar, and nutrient-dense!
Raw Beauty donuts: Nutritional HighlightsFirst, we used almond flour over a traditional wheat flour. Not only is almond flour gluten-free, but it’s also rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E strengthens the skin’s capillary walls, improving moisture and elasticity. Meanwhile, canned coconut milk in both the batter and frosting makes this treat lactose-free and full of healthy fats and minerals. Our Raw Beauty frosting packs in adaptogens, probiotics, and alkalizing greens in every beautiful bite. To compliment our superfood powder, we topped these babies with potent superfood sprinkles. Bee pollen is great for the immune system and reduces inflammation; cacao nibs burn fat and keep you alert; and chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids.
Raw Beauty Healthy Donuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup liquid from canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Raw Beauty
- 1 dollop coconut solids from canned coconut milk
- Optional toppings: bee pollen, cacao nibs, chia seeds
- Mini donut maker
- Preheat the donut maker.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut liquid, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Spoon the combined batter into a plastic bag and snip the corner to pipe into the preheated donut maker.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then remove to a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together one serving of Raw Beauty with a dollop of canned coconut solids.
- Dip cooked donuts in the Raw Beauty frosting and then in any toppings you like! We paired our Tropical frosting with bee pollen, Mint Chocolate with cacao nibs, and Vanilla Berry with chia seeds.
More like this