Yup, you read that right. Black bean brownies!
These gluten-free black bean brownies sound bizarre but trust, your friends will never guess. Not only do black beans offer lots of fiber for optimum digestion, but we’ve also included spinach for a sneaky dose of Vitamin A which promotes healthy cell production in your skin. Finally, a few scoops of our Raw Beauty Mint Chocolate add extra flavor and a healthy serving of superfoods and adaptogens for a truly blissful bite that you can feel good about indulging in.
Black Bean Brownie Recipe
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can black beans
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops Raw Beauty Mint Chocolate
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- food processor
- mixing bowls
- 8x8 baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse your black beans thoroughly under running water and then combine with spinach and almond milk in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour the black bean mixture into a bowl and add eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, brown rice flour, salt, baking powder and Raw Beauty until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is even.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and bake for 30-35 minutes.