Yup, you read that right. Black bean brownies!
These gluten-free black bean brownies sound bizarre—but trust, your friends will never guess. Not only do black beans offer lots of fiber for optimum digestion, but we’ve also included spinach for a sneaky dose of vitamin A, which promotes healthy cell production in your skin. Finally, a few scoops of our Raw Beauty Mint Chocolate add extra flavor and a healthy serving of superfoods and adaptogens. These brownies pack a truly blissful bite that you can feel good about indulging in.
Black Bean Brownie Recipe
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can black beans
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops Raw Beauty Mint Chocolate
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Food processor
- Mixing bowls
- 8x8" baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse your black beans thoroughly under running water and then combine with spinach and almond milk in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour the black bean mixture into a bowl and add eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, brown rice flour, salt, baking powder and Raw Beauty until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is even.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and bake for 30-35 minutes.